Forestry attachments increase project capacity
The global forestry and logging equipment market is expected to rise considerably between 2023 and 2030. Rockland’s heavy-duty forestry and logging attachments are designed to take on your most demanding projects quickly and efficiently. We’ve identified six essential attachments for various logging projects.
Grapple attachments enable loaders to carry large or unwieldy materials like trees, logs, and debris on the job site. These log grapples utilize rugged construction that allows operators to load, carry, pick, and sort materials, making them ideal for logging and forestry applications.
Some of the best log grapple attachments for the forestry industry include these models:
- LF-W log grapple
- Brush-handling grapple
- East Coast high-capacity millyard grapple
- LF-1 log grapple
- Millyard grapple
- Peeler grapple
- Sorting grapple
- West Coast high-capacity millyard grapple
Splitters are forestry attachments that facilitate land-clearing applications by gripping, pulling, splitting, and loading trees, logs, and stumps. Two of the most powerful and efficient splitter attachments for logging equipment include:
- Stump splitters: Stump splitters minimize wood debris while delivering maximum splitting power.
- Clearing splitters: These tools comprise two large ripper teeth designed to optimize stump removal efficiency and split stumps in one swift motion and are ideal in land clearing operations.
3. Log Forks
Log forks are heavy-duty logging attachments ideal for smaller loads of logs and dimensional lumber and are a cost-effective solution when an overhead clamp isn’t needed. Rockland log fork attachments enable maximum visibility and compensate for uneven terrain, making them ideal for work in rugged, high-demand environments.
Specialized bucket types ideally suited for handling bark, woodchips, and sawdust enable operators to clean up debris and clear accessways with ease.
Consider the following bucket attachments for forestry:
- Slip-on buckets: These buckets are useful for loading woodchips or sawdust.
- Slip-on high-dump buckets: High-dump buckets for log and chip handling that extend loaders’ dump height clearance.
- Woodchip buckets: These attachments have bucket capacities optimized for wet or dry woodchips.
Blade attachments help machines push, carry, and dump job site materials with optimal efficiency, including mulch, woodchips, and debris.
Excellent blade configurations for forestry include:
- Woodchip U-blades: U-blades maximize the number of woodchips moved per pass.
Rhino attachments for excavators deliver the power and performance needed to remove stumps seamlessly. These tools feature curved, sharpened blades that slice through roots and speed up land-clearing and piling processes.
Purchase Powerful Logging Attachments Today
You can find top-of-the-line forestry attachments for your machines at Rockland Manufacturing. We Do More by providing our customers with better-quality attachments, customization capabilities, warranties, and customer support.
Contact us to learn more about our attachments today.
Updated January 2024